
I want to thank all of you for the comments, time, and feedback provided as I explored the option of running for the MN 11B House Seat. I still feel strongly that we need leadership working together at the state, county, and local levels of government to build a positive economic and family environment here in our area.
My decision to get in the 11B race has always been based on a number of criteria. First, was positive feedback from all of you, and I should mention it was really appreciated. If positive feedback was my only criteria I can assure you I would be in this race.
However, the final decision was also based on a few specific items. One of which hinged on a few projects I have been committed to seeing completed as Mayor.
One of those items is a project that many of us in the city have been working on over the last three years. When I began contemplating the idea of entering the 11B race I had anticipated that this issue was soon to be resolved. However, a combination of events, extended negotiations, and a delayed court schedule have just been brought to my attention by our city attorney. I know the process for the city will now extend well into August which is past the filing deadline in July.
This issue is probably the most important item for Clarissa in the area of economic and downtown redevelopment. We have made such good progress in reaching our downtown development goals the past two years I do not want to see what we have worked for get set back. I am confident that my pubic announcement for 11B race could bring the process back to square one given the dynamics and personalities involved. For those who do not know what I am referring too I apologize for the lack of specificity and vagueness.
Therefore, I will not be filing for state office in July. I plan to run for re-election as Mayor of Clarissa and would appreciate your support in November.
Sincerely,
Nathan McLaughlin
Mayor of Clarissa