Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Small City Development Update

We have people from 1,133 individual US Cities visit America's Small City Mayor last month. We had a good portion of people from cities around the world visit the site, and it is amazing to see the growth week after week.

The political commentary was the most visited. However, it has been gratifying to see all of the visits directly related to small city and rural development issues. The emails coming in asking questions about how we are tackling issues is a lot of fun. I encourage everyone to pass this website to others who may have an interest in such issues & collaboration.

I know my city administrator and I just became much smarter regarding manholes and sewer lines. I will be posting information on trouble shooting such problems soon. It is glamorous let me tell you....... However, knowledge for small cities and rural administrators is not readily available.

A pleasant surprise this weekend when a downtown building owner decided, on his own, to take the old building down. It means our main street is coming along nicely with three new lots ready for development. Redevelopment discussions are underway on how to bring back the small town feel Clarissa had just a few decades ago. The attitude and excitement in the city has been fun to watch as people are thinking of what can be.

Lastly, we remain in the Top 5 in Minnesota for Influential Political Blogs. Thanks again!!